©2012 Joan Collaso Productions. All rights reserved.
Attorney Genevia Francisco - Vice Chairperson
Julian Walton - Treasurer
Dr. Diane Damper - Secretary
Attorney Georgetta Greenless
Timeless Gifts Youth Program for the Performing Arts is a 501c3 Arts apprenticeship initiative that affords talented young people like Kenari the opportunity to receive mentoring in their chosen discipline(s) from world-class and professional musicians, dancers and technical experts. Youth from all over Chicagoland audition for our 6-week summer program that culminates in a premier performance before an audience of hundreds. The mission of Timeless Gifts is to Positively impact the lives of young performers by imparting, and encouraging the perpetuation of character, confidence and professional etiquette, in order to insure the integrity of our musical and artistic communities, while providing avenues for artistic growth, greater opportunities and exposure.
Founder and Executive Director Joan Collaso, an accomplished Emmy Award winning vocalist and music artist who has performed in many parts of the world, envisions that through Timeless Gifts, “we are creating a historical legacy in Chicago by contributing to the next generations of world-class performers and Arts technicians, and we are helping to fill the void for aspiring young performers who no longer have the outlet of music performance in their schools.”
In just three years, through the efforts of our mentors, board members and volunteers, TG has:
1. Mentored over 50 young people between the ages of 8 and 21
2. Sponsored 2, 6-week Performing Arts summer programs that culminated with our “End of Summer Mentoring Concert”
3. Sponsored 3 Christmas concerts at Chicago's DuSable Museum of African American History, featuring our TG protégés performing duets with their mentors along with performances from such greats as Willie Pickens, and Walt Whitman and the “Soul Children of Chicago.”
4. Provided opportunities for our protégés to perform on TV, with Rainbow PUSH, South Shore Jazz Fest, Lake Meadows Art Fair, private events, and whenever possible!
5. We plan for 2014 to be our biggest and best year ever!
We can accomplish so much more with your help! When you open your heart and support this program, you are endorsing the dreams of young people just like Kenari. They all want the opportunity to excel and achieve. You can make their dreams come true.
Timeless Gifts | P.O. Box 7279, Chicago, Il 60680 | 312-808-0005