©2012 Joan Collaso Productions. All rights reserved.
Joan Collaso – Executive Director
Attorney Genevia Francisco - Vice Chairperson
Gertrude Ricks - Treasurer
Dr. Diane Damper – Secretary
MISSIONS STATEMENT: To positively impact the lives of young performers by imparting, and encouraging the perpetuation of creativity, character, confidence and professional etiquette, in order to insure the integrity of our musical and artistic communities, while providing avenues for artistic growth, greater opportunities and exposure.
Founder and Executive Director Joan Collaso, an accomplished Emmy Award winner and international vocalist envisions that through Timeless Gifts, “We are creating a historical legacy in Chicago by contributing to the next generations of world-class performers and arts technicians, while helping to fill the void created by the removal of the arts in public schools".
Timeless Gifts Description — Click here.
In just three years, through the efforts of our mentors, board members and volunteers, TG has:
1. Mentored over 50 young people between the ages of 8 and 21
2. Sponsored 2, 6-week Performing Arts summer programs that culminated with our “End of Summer Mentoring Concert”
3. Sponsored 3 Christmas concerts at Chicago's DuSable Museum of African American History, featuring our TG protégés performing duets with their mentors along with performances from such greats as Willie Pickens, and Walt Whitman and the “Soul Children of Chicago.”
4. Provided opportunities for our protégés to perform on TV, with Rainbow PUSH, South Shore Jazz Fest, Lake Meadows Art Fair, private events, and whenever possible!
5. We plan for 2014 to be our biggest and best year ever!
We can accomplish so much more with your help! When you open your heart and support this program, you are endorsing the dreams of young people just like Kenari. They all want the opportunity to excel and achieve. You can make their dreams come true.
In just seven years, through the efforts of our instructors, Board of Directors and volunteers, TG has:
1. Worked with nearly 250 young people between the ages of 8 and 21
2. Sponsored seven, Performing Arts summer programs (2011 - 2016) that have culminated with our amazing End of Summer Concerts and musical productions!
3. Produced seven Christmas Concerts, at Chicago's DuSable Museum, Kennedy King College and The Kroc Center, featuring our TG protégés performing duets with their instructors along with feature performances from such greats artists as Willie Pickens, Maggie Brown, Walt Whitman and the Soul Children of Chicago. We’ve honored Oscar Brown, Jr and Willie Pickens (2011), Jerry Butler (2012), Walt Whitman (2013), Herald Johnson (2014), Timeless Gifts co-founder, Juanita Passmore (2015), Diane Ellis, Patrick Woodtor and Charlie Thomas (2016)
4. Provided opportunities for our protégés to perform: on TV (Channel 7 news), Rainbow PUSH, South Shore Jazz Fest, Lake Meadows Art Fair, Children’s Brittle Bone Foundation, Chicago State University, and numerous private events. We’ve opened for Chante Moore and performed before Chaka Khan, performed in (rapper) Common’s AHHH! Festival, One of our protégés had the privilege to perform on stage with Kirk Whalum, and another appeared in a 2016 PBS Special, an Evening with Valerie Jarrett (The History Makers), with First Lady, Michelle Obama in the audience! And in April 2017 NBC 5 News recognized Timeless Gifts as an Organization “Making a Difference” as featured on their News broadcast!
The possibilities are endless!!
Our hope is that 2018 will be our biggest and best year ever! We can accomplish so much more with your help! When you open your heart and support this program, you are endorsing the dreams of young people just like Kenari. They all want the opportunity to excel and achieve. You can make their dreams come true. Send your tax-deductible donation to Timeless Gifts, P. O. Box 7279, Chicago, Il 60680.
To donate CLICK HERE. Thank you in advance!
Timeless Gifts | P.O. Box 7279, Chicago, Il 60680 | 312-808-0005 | www.timelessgfts.org